Thursday 24 April 2014

Wedding Card

I do like to try and make my own cards.
Not because I am so creative and everything I make has to be handmade.
And not because I have so much time on my hands that I can spare the time.
And not because I'm such a nice person and want to put so much time and love in to my friends and family.
But simply because I really begrudge spending money on cards when I have a studio full of the stuff to make them.
Nice cards are so expensive!!

So there, the truth is out : )

Ade and I had a wedding to attend to recently.
It was his cousins.
That afternoon I thought I'd better make a card to take and made this.

 
The wedding had quite a rustic/country feel to it so I figured this would be a good match.
I used a note card from Chic Tags and the gorgeous chipboard is from Scrapmatts.
I didn't do anything to the chipboard as I thought it was just perfect as it was. Naked!!
Love that rustic feel.
 
I wanted to share the Scrapmatts gallery with you today too. I love their chipboard so much.
Take a look here.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
I am slowly catching up since the kids have gone back to school this week and aim to reward myself with some blog hopping time very soon.
I miss keeping up with everyone.
Have a lovely day xxx
 
 
 

2 comments:

Lynnda said...

Beautiful card! Love it Lisa!! And my reason is the same as yours!! We have all the things needed to create a card.. All we need is the effort right! Hugs x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am the same way! I won't buy cards! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that frame!!!!!!