Monday 21 October 2013

With You, a sketch & a sore eye...

Hello.
I hope you had a good weekend.

Lets start with something scrappy.
The new Scrap365 Sketch Challenge went live at the weekend.
You can view the sketch and challenge here.
You can play until 15th Nov.
The prize this month comes from Glitz Designs.

My take on the sketch was shown the on Scrap365 blog yesterday.

 
I used the patterned papers from Chic Tags for the first time.
Wow!!
They are amazing quality. So thick. I really like them.
I also used some sweet little Fancy Pants frames, tags and buttons.
 This was Louis and I on a ride at Animal Kingdom.
 


We've had a really busy weekend.
My sister and her family visited on Saturday and watched Louis play footy. They stayed til later in the evening. We just chilled, it was so good. We watched 'Up' and went for an afternoon stroll and I'd made a chili soup  in the crockpot before we went out in the morning.

Yesterday we were out at 8am and got the train with friends into London.
It was pouring with rain but we were hopeful as sun was forecast for 9am and it was pretty spot on : )

We got there for 9.30am, it's the slow train on a Sunday and takes an hour.
We grabbed Costas at Waterloo and went on to the Sealife Centre.
We all have Merlin Passes, so today was a Merlin day : )
No queues and we went straight in.
I was really surprised. After being to Orlando the parks over here just don't match up at all. They are so lame, but the Sea Life Centre was actually really good. It was busy, so it was easy to wander around with the kids and see and enjoy everything. They got hands on with starfish here.



It just amazes me that there are big Tiger Sharks and Penguins living in the centre of London.
Next up was on London Eye, just 5mins in the queue. Merlin passes again.


We then let the kids run around in the play area near the eye.
Louis came to me trying not to cry saying 'I've hurt myself'. He's scraped his face and knocked his eye : ( He was so brave and I ran off to find some ice and came back with a lemonade ice lolly.
Helped with the swelling and tasted good after. It cheered him up abit.

We headed over the bridge and went to Trafalgar Square and then on to Leister Square and China Town. The rain didn't start until we were on our way back over the bridge. We did well.
We got the 3.30 train back loaded with Krispy Kreme Donuts and Costa Lattes.

It was such a good day and we had so much fun.
Louis' eye looks sore today though and he can't open it fully.
It always happens to Louis!!



So that was our weekend.
I hope you had a fun one.
xxx

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love your lo!! LOVING the colors and the paint! And looks like a great weekend (welllllll not the sore eye part!! OUCH!!!!)

Sarah said...

Love your layout! The paint and all the layering are fabulous! Sounds like you had a great weekend minus your sons poor eye!

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous layout Lisa!... Poor boy!...Besides the sore eyes... your weekend sounds great! hugs...x

yyam said...

Love the bright colours and patterns! :)

Hope the boy feels better soon.