Thursday 9 February 2012

Altered Notebooks

Good Morning,

I have my LESSology creations to share with you today. It's my turn on the blog.
The title 'Flights of Fancy' instantly made me think of planes. One piece of paper in particular. I knew in an old Cocoa Daisy kit I had a piece of paper with planes on it.

I then started thinking.... my sis and her family have just booked their first trip to Florida later this year, so I decided to revamp some old little hardbacked notebooks for my nieces and nephew to take on the plane.

I took my huge bag of all my Cocoa Daisy kits into the family room, spread out over the floor and went though picking out papers.
And then sat and made these.



I found 3 types of cloud paper, some map paper and for little Millie's book a piece of Fancy Paper Baby Mine with the little birdies.
All still going witth the theme of flight.
A plane and cloud have been laminated and tied on to the top of each one.

Once they were made I covered the covers in modge podge to help them last abit longer.

I'll give them to them later in the year with some pencils.
We gave our two notebooks for their first trip to Florida and it's lovely looking back at all there little drawings from the trip : )

Visit LESSology if you would like to play along.

Have a great day xxx

8 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

these are gorgeous and I am sure your niece and nephew will enjoy them xoxox

Carol said...

Such a gorgeous idea and will be lovely to look back on in years to come.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!! I just love love love these! So fun and colorful! I am sure they will love them!

Laurel said...

These are so sweet! Such a great idea!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute, your nieces and nephews will have lots of fun!!!

Angi Barrs said...

I love the cloud paper and the adorable airplanes. Fab job on this Lisa. :)

Lynnda said...

Those are simply gorgeous... love the colors here!!! I'm sure they will be thrilled!! Hugs..xoxo

Lea said...

LOVE these! Great idea! Really love how you tied on the laminated plane and cloud. It's so fun!!!