Wednesday 7 December 2011

Desk Calender and Crimbo Cards

Another flying visit I'm afraid.
It's that time of year isn't it?! So much going on.
I'm feeling pretty organised for Christmas though.

I made this little desk calender for my Dad to send so the US.


I used thick card to back it with so it stands neatly on it's own.


I love the pom pom trimming from Fancy Pants.


I've used up various Fancy Pants scraps to make this.
So each page is completely different which I love as the project is so colourful.

As the papers are double sided there's no covering up to do and I've made some little notes for Dad on the back of each page.

Full details with instructions and supplies list are on the Fancy Pants blog here.

I've been doing a '12 techniques of Christmas' over at Cocoa Daisy.
Every other day we use a new technique to make something Christmassy.
Here are some cards I made using the 'faux stitching' tecnique.



You can see the challenges here at Cocoa Daisy.
There will be a new one later today.


So Christmas preps are in fully swing in this house.
We got our tree yesterday which is soaking in water until she goes up at the weekend.
Shopping is almost done. Ade and I saved some bits to get on Friday when we have a day shopping in Basingstoke.
It's all so exciting.

I did find this fab little crafty shop on Ebay recently.
Take a look here.
I treated myself to some nice bits. Prices are fab!! I will never buy embroidery thread elsewhere from now on.
And the seller is super sweet too when I've emailed.

Does anyone else end up treating themselves when Christmas shopping?

We are going to watch Hollie in her drama production tonight.
Should be fun.

I have an hour before the school run now.
Lots to do.
See you soon xxx

7 comments:

Sue said...

great calendar Lis - Your Dad will love it x

AnnaB said...

I love your calendar Lisa!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love that calendar Lisa!!! What a great gift idea!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

Oh my! That calendar is beautiful! What a great gift! :)

Denise said...

I love that little calendar. Thanks for the link Lisa, it looks like a great shop.

Lynnda said...

I love the calendar!!! I might do one for 2012... Thanks for inspiration Lisa... as always you rocked them!!! sucha great gift!!! hugs..xoxo

Anne said...

This is such a good idea. I will have to still it for next year !!