Friday 7 January 2011

Inspiring Women

I was about to start with Good Morning, but have just seen it's actually 12noon. How did that happen??? Have I really been sat here that long?
Good Afternoon,

I had a day of inspiration yesterday. Right now, I have a real urge
to make and create, but I have work to do and I'm trying hard to be disciplined.

I started off after the school run yesterday by making these little yummies.
Red Velvet Cupcakes. So Yum!!
I hadn't heard of them until last year, but now seem to see and and hear of them all over the place. So it was high time I made some. I will definitely be making them again.



I had a couple of over ripe bananas sitting around, so then whipped these little beauties up. It's a Humming Bird recipe for Banana and Chocolate Cupcakes. The cake is banana with a hint of cinamon and ginger and the topping chocolate. I mixed my chocolate frosting with some of the vanilla left over from the Red Velvets. I love that marbled effect and then grated some Kinder Chocolate over the top which looks great as there's the combo of milk chocolate and white chocolate.
I've just had one with #2 latte of the day and highly recommend.



My lovely friend Anne popped in yesterday afternoon for a cuppa. You would love her.
She's lovely : )We met recently at the kids swim classes and then she started scrapping last year. A born scrapper is Anne. A real natural. I really think she needs a blog though, I think I should work on her : )
Thank you Anne, by the way for the little metal embellies, I used one on a page today.

The kids and I then had plans to go to a friend's at 5pm to meet up with another friend who now lives in Australia. So I wanted to whip them up something quick to eat and made this:
Crustless Pizza - recipe by Nigella.



I absolutely loved it and so did Hollie's friend that was here, my kids weren't quite so sure. Hollie said it was omlettey and Louis only scored me 6/10. This is the same child that only scored me 8/10 on the banana cupcakes and told me that they would be better without the banana!!!

I left this for Ade as a snack as we left before he was due home.
I used a little Fancy Pants sticker. Cute huh!!

So then we went to our friend Lynda with tins of cupcakes.
It was so nice the 3 of us catching up. We all met at antenatel classes 12 years ago with our big bellies and our first born due in the summer of 1999 : )

Juliette, my friend who now lives in Australia, is one of the most inspirational ladies I think I'll ever meet. She doesn't scrap or do paper crafts, but there's something about her. Just chatting with her gives me get up and go. She ooozes energy and positivity. I love her to bits and always find her so interesting.
She is a photographer, so is very creative in other ways than us here. She took my photo of me in my wings that I always use as my little avator.

Anyway, her little sis had a baby 1st Jan. 12.20am : )
So yesterday morning, I made this.



The papers are from the Love Birds collection from Fancy Pants. I used a little card and stuck on the front on a little gift bag and added 2 little cross stitches.
This collection comes with lots of bits and pieces. So fun to play with. Look at these little stickers to put on the backs of envelopes.



Whilst on the subject of inspiration and inspirational ladies and my reason for today wanting to 'make' and not work, look what I have to show you.

Ronda blogged yesterday what she has made with her Cocoa Daisy kit this month. Now the LO's are amazing as always. But scroll down to the little hanger project. It is just the cutest thing ever and I NEED to make one. I NEED one hanging in my kitchen.
Take a look here for yourself.

And then today Sue blooged this book which has got my little brain working over time. The rubbons that we got in our Cocoa Daisy kits, I'm now seeing in a new light altogether.
Sue has added the whole project with step by step instructions to the CD blog this morning. Here. Please go and see. You will love it.

So thank you ladies for inspiring me so much these last 24hrs. I just wish I could sit and scrap all afternoon.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by xxx

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm really craving some red velvet cupcakes now! LOL!! I love love love what you made for your friend's sister!! It is GORGEOUS!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

missusem said...

You are funny :) :).. but I love that you like my album :) :)..

Red Velvet always looks so delish and I never get a chance to make it.. you've inspired me now though :) :).