Wednesday 22 September 2010

Gesso Love



Have you ever used Gesso?
It's something we've been chatting about recently on the Cocoa Daisy Boards.
It's a white primer and is used like paint, but not as thick. I've used it on this LO. It's great to use over patterened paper, you can still see the pattern through it, but it really tones it down.



This was a LO that was started before bed. Plastering it on and finishing it off with flicking my gesso bottle a few times to get some light splashes. It can then dry properly over night.
Once the gesso is dry, it can then be embellsihed accordingly. I've continued with the gesso using it lightly over my chipboard heart, over the silky petals and I've added shreds of tissue paper too. I haven't stuck them down, I've just brushed over with the gesso.



Once finished, I used the same brush to edge the photo. It just softens up the look of the photo.



So see more or to join in with a challenge that Ronda set, visit Cocoa Daisy here.

Gesso can be bought from most arts and crafts stores. It's not the cheapest of things to buy, but it lasts and lasts. You really get your monies worth.

I've been meaning to mention a new scrapbook site that a friend of mine has started up. It's a scrap review site. They are basically using kits and products and then giving an honest review on the products in terms of quality and value for money. There are also giveaways on the site.
Pop over and take a look. Scrap That!
Today is the last day for the Scrapagogo Give away. Good Luck.

One last thing, I was very muddled yesterday and all day long I thought it was Wednesday. Doh!! So the Twisted Sketches Challenge will go live tonight not yesterday night. Silly me.

xxx

7 comments:

yyam said...

Oh yes! I love gesso! I find the light texture really easy to work with...Love what you did with it on your layout...brilliant to use it on the border of the photo too! :)

cb said...

i love your scrapbook and i used gesso a couple of times, i think what you have done with it looks great!

xo,
cb

Nickynoo said...

Gorgeous! She's a credit to you xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is GORGEOUS Lisa! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that flower in the heart! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Valerie said...

Love your layout and love that gesso Lisa!

Lynnda said...

I totally love your style... you are really good... this is simply gorgeous...xx

Amanda Jones said...

Gorgeous layout Lisa :)

I love gesso because it sticks much better to stuff than paint!