Thursday 29 July 2010

Sketchy Thursdays

Ready for a Thursday Sketch?
Straight from Sketchy Thursdays, I offer you the brand new sketch : )



I love this sketch so much, it leads to so many possibilities.
I made this using the sketch as my inspiration. (click on photo)



I started by placing some circles on the bazzill and spray misting using tattered angles lime, olive and also dreamsicle. That was then my base for the page before I started with the layering.



I added a couple of Sassafras stickers and printed off all my journaling and trimmed down. The majority of the bits and pieces and the papers come from the July Studio Calico kit 'Continental'. I've made quite alot using this kit so far. More than I thought I would.



I love how this simple photo of Louis captures the so many sides of him. That's what got me into this LO. Seeing him sat that glued to the tv, completely concentrating in his own little world, but with a silly 'Where's Wally' hat (he seems to have a thing for silly hats) looking so serious and the a soft little bunny he had been cuddling. I guess he's at this inbetween stage now of growing up and being so influenced by friends but still be little and needing lots of hugs. It's a nice stage : )



We are really enjoying the first week of the school hols so far.
We've been to a family bbq for the day last Saturday, the Farnbourough airshow on Sunday, had a fun day at home Monday, they went to their Dad's then overnight so I could work for a couple of days and today we are visiting a close friend for the day. I'm so looking forward to it. My friend has a daughter of Hollie's age and a son Louis'age. They went to Infant school together and all get on so well. It should be a good day : )

Have a good day too xxx

15 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

I absolutely love this page!! So much going on, so fun, great embellies, and love that picture! Perfect!

Adora Concepcion said...

this look awesome!

Jennifer Grace said...

Great page! I love how you've taken a simple sketch and then layered it all up so it looks super interesting. I'm gonna have to try this one! x

Nickynoo said...

That sketch is a bit different, and I love what you've done with it. Such a great page about Louis and his little ways! xx

Sue said...

stunning

love the photo lol

Anonymous said...

wow - I love this - the masking before spraying, the multi layers under the pic, everything!

Anne said...

Hello from France; having a great time; already been to craft shop and spent lots of money!! very hippyish, layered, green, quite different. I think you would like it. My sister bought me a few magasines so I will bring them back with me so you can have a look. Enjoy your summer break. XXX

Carin McDonough said...

This is gorgeous, I love every detail, really makes me want to go and try that sketch now! :)

Kelly Massman said...

This is a fabulous page! I love all of the details! Your list is great!

yyam said...

This is such a fabulous page on so many levels Lisa! First of all, I love the artsy feel of it with the misting/masking. Then there's the colour combo...so many pretty colours! And what fabulous use of bits of patterned paper to adorn the page. There's the fantastic journaling and titling work...And last but not least, what a cute photo! :)

Mel said...

Great layout with so many cute details to draw the eye. Great journalling too as it shows both the positives and negatives.

Fabi Ormerod said...

wondastic dear!!! You know what? We better get you doen to Brazil for some classes, what do you think?? ;) XX

Valerie said...

What an amazing layout - great layers and detail. I love your work Lisa!

Irini said...

I am a die hard Studio Calico fan so when you make a layout with their kits wham! Another fabuolous layout

Laura said...

This is such a fab, fab, fab page! I absolutely love it.