Sunday 27 June 2010

Daisies Day Out

I'm am having a fab weekend.
I have made some really really good friends over the years through scrapbooking. I love meeting so many like minded friends that I can really click with. One of which is sleeping over right now, Nicky and another is Laura.
Nicky and I have been friends online for years and try to get together 3 or so times a year. Laura we met through our Cocoa Daisy kits (US scrapbook kits) about a year or so ago. We all chat on the Cocoa Daisy forum along with some wonderful girls, but it's just the 3 of us from the UK.
So, yesterday we all met : ) We had a great time at a craft village in Swindon and also found this little Aladdins Cave of a scrap shop. Sparkle Dreams. What a great surprise. It was so good to find a UK store that sold decent brands. The owner Solance was so welcoming and lovely, it will definitely be a place that I go back to.
So, here we are. In order from left Laura ( with little Kate), me and Nicky.



Now onto the serious stuff : )
Any spare time these next few days? Fancy joining in with a challenge?
Our next challenge is live now at The Studio. It's time to get those summer photos out and get scrapping. With all the sunshine right now, what better time to scrap them.



I've scrapped some pool photos from our Florida trip this year. It was bloody freezing though. People walking past all wrapped up in coats thought we were crazy, but the pool was like a hot bath, it was wonderful and very very quiet : ) We got so hot we had to keep getting out to cool down abit. Must be the English in us, we don't let the weather get in the way of a great time : )
I also need to tell you that we need a new DT member over at The Studio. Fancy it? Come and read more here about how to apply. We would love to have you xx

Now over to Papermaze.
I was lucky enough to get sent a whole little bundle of My Little Shoebox goodies. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
I made these two LO's, completely cutting up the papers and making the most out of the fun and bright designs. Sometimes papers like these can be so appealing to the eye but once it comes to actually using them you can suddenly become abit stumped.
I have given full details on how to really make the most of these papers over on the papermaze blog. Take a look here : Scrappaperscissors There are also links to all the products I used.



I loved these photos of Louis and love the crisp blue in the background and really really wanted to bring this out in the page.


My friend Juliette took this photo a couple of years ago, but it still remains a fave of mine.
I loved making this page and getting very scissor happy. I felt that I really bought these papers to life. Lots of distressing, doodling, hand stitching, using 3d foam in places and adding curly wire to the butterflies really did the trick.



I now plan to get scrappy for the next few hours.
Enjoy your Sunday.
GO ENGLAND!!!!!

5 comments:

Fabi Ormerod said...

Hey Lisa...I love your colorful backgrounds girl...you needed to make us a tutorial! Kisses

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Gorgeous LOs.... luv the 2nd one.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your scrap work. So creative and fun! And whenever I go to Florida, it always rains and is cold. Go figure!

Sue said...

goodness me what gorgeous LO's you are so VERY clever

Love the DDO - you all look like you had fun xxx

Sandie said...

It was great to meet you all!! Hope to see you again sometime :-)