Sunday 28 February 2010

We are back.
We got back Thursday and have been busy since. Unpacking, school and yesterday we had a full day out at my Sister's and Mum's.
I thought the kids would be cream crackered what with the whole jetlag thing, but after midnight last night they were still pestering.
We all slept until 10am, so today has felt very short.
Managed to get all the homework done, the kids built a lego city and I've baked bread, rhubarb and mazipan muffins, made a big batch of tomato sauce up for pastas and then made meatballs for supper with the most delish cheesy garlic bread using some of the fresh baguettes I made earlier. There's nothing quite like the small of fresh bread.
The kids joined in too and made little knotted loaves for break time at school.
We've even manged to fit in a family game of jungle buzz on the ps2 after tea. Feels like quite alot has been done in this short day.

Kids are now bathed and in bed....I wonder how long for??? Please no repeat of last night.

Since getting back I've been itching to get back into my scrapping. I had lots of Christmas money to spend in Florida and spent it on scrapy stash and my Cocoa Daisy kit arrived the day we got back.
By the way, my friend Sue recommended this store in Orlando Scrappy Boutique. It's the best scrap store I've ever been in. The lady working there was English and so so helpful.

The first LO I made of our trip for the new album was this one.

I didn't mean for it to be of me, the first one but it was a CD SCRAPLIFT which you can see here
And I wanted to use my new kit and this photo went so well.
Some painting and hand stitching.

5 Things I Loved on holiday were:
Reading by the pool, in the sun, with my book, my cuppa tea, whilst the kids played and laughed.
So relaxing.

The second holiday LO.
This is another Cocoa Daisy inspired LO. A prompt created by Sue, to create sections.
I've got my 4 photos blocked together, with my title being another block, then the block of journaling and then the block of embellishments.



The kids were happy playing in the play area and then decided they wanted to paddle in the kiddie pool. No one else was around, it was bliss. But we were going out in a bit, so we said they could as long as they didn't get to wet. What a thing to say!!!

This kiddie pool wasn't heated, so after lots of screaming and splashing in and out they were drenched, but had loads of fun : )

I made some bunting at the top and stitched again. Really loving all this stitching right now.

I seem to be back on the scrappy roll again. I'll post another LO tomorrow.
Hope you had a good weekend xx

2 comments:

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Welcome back. Your trip sure flew fast but I'm sure you had lots of fun. Luv seeing the LOs again. I'm sure you had a great time stash shopping in the US.

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Crikey I feel postively lazy when I read about your day!!! We spent our day choosing a new sofa!

A great start to your holiday album, looking foward to seeing more.