Tuesday 4 August 2009

A Couple of LO's and Prizes to be won....

After a couple of loud and crazy days my sis and her gang left last night. The house feels very quiet today. I miss them though.

I made the LO of Louis before she came. It was one of those LO's that just happened. Sue did a prompt on Cocoa Daisy last week to scrap a LO using a song title as a title.
When Louis was having a cuddle on my lap, the Michael Jackson song 'I just can't stop loving you' was playing in the background. I was kissing his little head and singing along thinking what a lovely boy he is. And that's how this LO was born. I've used the journal cards from the recent Cocoa Dasiy kit and cut them up and layered them. A bit of paint and spray mist for the background. A really easy LO.

This next one is this weeks SLYMI challenge from Shimelle on UKS.
The challenge this week....
Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue.
I've never scrapped any of these photos before. We got married in Orlando in 2007. I had a lovely dress for the ceremony and then changed into my blue dress to go to Seaworld for our Wedding Dinner at the Under Water Shark Grill. I thought this photo was perfect for this challange. We were officially a proper family with Ade now properly joining us.
Something Old - My papers, I've had these for a while now with bits and pieces from old kits.
Something New - My New Husband
Something Burrowed - A friend gave me the rubbon, ok, so not really borrowed : )
Something Blue - My Dress


And lastly for today. Do you fancy winning this prize?????
If so, head over to the new challenge on The Studio
You have until the end of the month to join in. The next challenge will be launched on 16th August.





ooohhhh I nearly forgot to say, I found out at the weekend that I won last months Butterfly Crafts challenge. So exciting !!!! Can't wait to receive my goodies and I get to be the next Guest Designer too....yay!!!!


5 comments:

Emma said...

congrats on the guest designer spot!!! great lO'S love the wedding one

vtpuggirl said...

Big congrats on the guest dt spot, beautiful layouts!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Lovely, lovely LOs - both of them

Judith said...

Oh I adore the 'I just cant stop loving you' LO. It is just sooooooooo beautiful. x

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Congrats on the win! Luv the LOs.