Saturday 1 August 2009

August 1st...Challenge Time @ The Studio

I've been looking forward to this day so much, ever since Amanda assigned us our first challenge.
So here it is the first Design Team Challenge at The Studio. The girls have come up with some amazing LO's.
The challenge runs until the end of the month and this first one goes like this:

1. Use a non-scrapbooking item as an embellishment.

2. Use borders – be inventive! Unusual items as borders, layer them up, funky techniques, anything goes!
3. Combine your journaling with stamping. For example, stamped journal spot, stamp all your journaling with alpha stamps, include stamped images with your journaling – again, anything goes!

I've used cardboard torn and painted to matt my photos onto and also used a newspaper to punch out my flowers. These have then been inked for a pink effect. This was my non scrapbooky bit.

I've combined the creative border and stamping in with my journaling. The borders have been used to draw the eye to my journaling. I have handstitched them to add some extra pink. Beneath the journaling I've stamped a scalloped edge and added a few stapmed daisies too.

If you fancy having a look at what the other girls came up with and want to join in too come visit us here: The Studio. The gallery is taking shape nicely there now too and the forum is really friendly and worth a visit.

4 comments:

Emma said...

cute as! love that little crossword circle

Sue said...

inspired Lis you really do rock xx

Nickynoo said...

Ooh, I'd forgotten about this, will have to have a go!! Yours is fab, love all the details xx

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Lovely LO! Luv all the little touches to it!