Thursday 27 November 2008

Long time no post (or craft)

I can't believe it's been so long without crafting or blogging !!! I don't quite no what happened. I think a combo of things with being very busy at home with work, kids and helping out at school, getting ready for the Shimelle class (see post below) and basically not really being in the mood. Such an odd feeling. For months now, I've always had at least one LO on the go, but I just haven't felt like scrappin' but at the same time I felt really down about feeling like that, but when I tried to scrap, nothing happened : (

I'm trying to get the urge back again....I made some crimbo prezzies this week (2 posts below) and then had the class at the weekend, but Steph (nerdbird) came over to scrap yesterday and I still didn't really feel like it. I worked in the morning and then made some Christmas cards in the afternoon. Steph was really sweet and suggested I tried a basic LO, just using a sketch or something, so last night that's exactly what I did and this is what happened.


I've used the sketch on this weeks UKS challenge....and like Steph suggested, kept in basic. It took minutes and I felt a real sense of relief after : )
Will do another later hopefully......I want that buzz back again...I miss not scrappin every day xx

4 comments:

Lythan said...

Oh me too! As I had 3 kids in 4 years I spent a wee while feeling like a cow not a person but miss that closeness now. What a PERFECT layout. And I can see why the Shimelle class might have sapped your creativity a bit - all that organising! I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. So don't be hard on yourself and the creativity will flow back!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Good to see you back, I've missed your creativity. Great LO to get you going again x

Nickynoo said...

Yay, Lis is blogging again! xx I love this LO, simplicity made beautiful. And I can so relate to the sentiment too, one of the best experiences of having a new baby :)

Steph said...

I love this! So simple but stunningly beautiful.